Adjusting to A New Time in Life

It is about to happen.  What you ask?  My youngest daughter, Becka, will leave for the university. Saturday, August 1, 2015, Becka and her cousin, Will Tucker, will begin the drive to the University of New Mexico where she will be part of the incoming Freshman Class of 2019.
I was just starting to get use to the idea that Rachel is entering her last of Law School at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. and now Becka is beginning this exciting new chapter of her life.

Needless to say, "I am a very proud father."  But, more importantly, I am grateful for the beauty that is incarnate in each one of my daughters that reminds me of the best qualities that were their mother's, Linda Jean Myers.  We miss Linda Jean, but I am surrounded by the beauty which she valued.

My home will be much more empty on Saturday....I know....they always come home, but it will be different from now on.  And yet, God's grace surrounds me as I begin this new and exciting chapter of my living.  I pray that I will live it well.

God has blessed me with a grace filled congregation at Puyallup United Methodist Church, Puyallup, Washington, which appears to be eager to fulfill God's vision for the next chapter of their living, and I am privileged to be one of their pastors.  Though I have left Alaska, I haven't left the mountains.  In fact, Mt. Ranier looks down upon my new community reminding me daily from "whence does my help come from."  My help comes for the one who created the beauty and the awe which surrounds me even now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Parking Lot was Full in Paradise

THE SEARCH FOR HOPE